Friday, December 4, 2009

A Mini affair

Its been a long time since I updated this blog or started a new project. For this short December holiday, I think i might only be able to complete this model.

The Project: A Mini affair

The Kit: 1/72 Fujimi Mini Cooper Kit.

From Mini WIP


The Contents:
From Mini WIP


Got some reference from the mini dealer:
From Mini WIP


Sanded and test-fitted some parts:
From Mini WIP

The outer body is generally very well done. Only slight flash lines and sink marks. Good fitting of the parts too.

The interior
From Mini WIP


From Mini WIP


Despite the interior being well-fitted, I find that the flaw of this kit is rather the lack of details of the interior. There are no racing bucket seats provided despite the fact that this is the "John Cooper Works version". There are also some inaccuracies in the details which I discovered while comparing with the brochures.
Other than these points I find that its a pretty decent kit to get!

No comments: