Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MINI affair (Part 4)

Progress has been slow the past few days, wet sanded the body parts and then procced to mask the main body so as to paint the mudguard and side skirts flat black.

Boy, was the process long and painful. This has got to be the biggest masking task I've ever done, I've never used up so much masking tape on one kit alone!

From Mini WIP


And I must say that I totally suck at masking, this is the reason why I stayed away from resin kits.

This time round things look pretty good, no visible bleeding can be seen only slight errors that have been removed by light sanding.

How things look at the moment:
From Mini WIP


It is alomst 80% complete now, I've already painted the clear parts and also futured the windows now waiting for the paint to dry and see how's the results.

All thats left to do is to polish the body and assemble everything.

No comments: