Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mini affair (Part 2)

In commemoration of MINI's 50th birthday and also a special year in Formula 1. I've decided to make this MINI of classic British colours. Hence I present to you:

British Racing Green:
From Mini WIP


Did more work today and here is the progress thus far.
Body (40% complete)
From Mini WIP


From Mini WIP


Not very shiny at the moment.

Chassis (60% complete)
From Mini WIP

This is the first time I painted the underside of the car, wanted to make this kit as perfect as possible.

Interior (100% complete)
From Mini WIP


From Mini WIP


From Mini WIP


From Mini WIP


From Mini WIP

Similarly, I wanted to make the interior more realisitc, hence I spent more effort masking the parts and painting different parts differnt colour. All was going quite smoothly until I flat coated it. While airbrushing the flat coat, I accidentally spilled some onto the kit it self, resulting in the specks on the seat. Futhermore, slight frosting has occured near the floor of the interior. Even though the interior cannot be seen clearly once everything has been put together, I KNOW its there!!

Everything together.
From Mini WIP

No comments: